- A sharp axe is a safe axe as it is less likely to glance out of the cut. Be assured that this axe has been sharpened by the skilled craftsmen at Council Tool and is ready to use.
- All components are MADE IN USA.
- Head will last a lifetime, guaranteed.
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy steel. The “Council” makers mark is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA”.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- Handle is made of grade “A” American hickory and its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
- Forged axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.